District Employment Exchange, Jagatsinghpur
- The District Employment Exchange, Jagatsinghpur was functioning after creation of Jagatsinghpur District in the year 1993 in private rented building as Employment Sub-Office and consequent upon formation of new Districts. , the Sub–Office up–graded into District Employment Exchange. The jurisdiction of this District Employment Exchange, Jagatsinghpur covers the entire revenue district of Jagatsinghpur.
Prior to up–gradation and functioning of District Employment Exchange, Jagatsinghpur, another Special Employment Exchange has been functioning at Paradeep to cater to the demands of Paradeep Port Trust, Paradeep. At Present the service of special Employment Exchange has been thrown open to all common public and its jurisdiction covers only to Kujanga, Ersama & Tirtol Block only.
- The Jurisdiction of the District Employment Exchange, Jagatsinghpur covers the entire newly created revenue district of Jagatsinghpur consisting of 8 (Eight) Tahasils namely:- Jagatsinghpur,Biridi,Raghunathpur,Tirtol,Kujanaga,Erasama,Balikuda,Naugaon along with 8 (Eight) Blocks namely:- Jagatsinghpur,Biridi,Raghunathpur,Tirtol, Kujanaga,Erasama,Balikuda,Naugaon.
- The construction of the departmental building is completed by R&B,Jgatsinghpur & District Employment Exchange,Jagatsinghpur is now functioning in the departmental building from 1.12.2017.
|Sl. No.||Name of the Post||Sanctioned post||Staff in position||Vacant|
|1||District Employment Officer.||01||01||0|
|2||Junior Employment Officer.||01||0||01|
|6||Data Entry Operator(01)||01||01||0|
|Sl No.||Items of workYear||Year 2015||Year 2016||Year 2017||February 2018|
|+ 3 Arts||1673||1267||2440|
|+ 3 Science||364||220||584|
|+ 3 Commerce||421||78||499|
EMPLOYMENT MARKET INFORMATION:
- Employment Exchange are responsible for collecting regular information on employment in the Public and Private Sector Establishments. This is done by the way of Establishment Reporting System under this system all the Establishments employing 25 or more persons under the provision of the Employment Exchanges (CNV) Act – 1959 have made obligatory on them to submit Quarterly ER – I Return to the local Employment Exchange. The E. M. I. Unit is functioning at the District Employment Exchange, Jagatsinghpur with effect from 1.4.93. The following table will indicate the total number of Establishments covered under Public and Private Sector.
|Public Sector||No. of Estts. Addressed.||No. of Estts. Responded.||Percentage||Total Employment||No. of Estts. Newly identified|
COLLECTION OF ER-I & ER-II RETURN:
- The Return ER-I and ER-II is used for collection of occupational and education details of employees from both the Public and Private Sector Establishment in quarterly basis ie January, March, September,and December of every year. The ER-II Return for Private Sector & public sector is collected every year biennially.
EMPLOYMENT MISSION ACTIVITIES:
- Due to dearth of employment in organized sector, be it of public or private sector can not absorb the huge pool of unemployed youth. To mitigate the growing problem of unemployment in the state.Goverment departments have been advised to explore the scope for innovative self employment projects under various sectors and to play more proactive roll for creation of large scale self-employment and wage employment opportunities which will ensure more productive and efficient use of available human resources.
As part of the Employment policy 2005 an employment mission has been lunched .This is headed by chief ministers and includes all members of counseling ministers ,5 MLAs,5 MPs and 10 members from among bankers ,professionals civil society organization.
While this apex body will be determining polices and general direction ,there is a executive body of mission headed by chief secretary .The mission has direction to constitute if deemed necessary ,an empowered committee and task forces on different operational aspects.
Job Oriented training Programme Connect to our district:
- Generation of Employment is being top priority by the Government to touch life of every family .unless the family income raises to a minimum extent ,the developmental Programme whatever thought shall not take an effective turn .To give life to this objective government has lunched Employment Mission .A Flagship programme in the year,2005.
Its main aim to assist the unemployment youths of the society through different departments of the Government to find suitable avenue of self Employment. To make the different training programme effective, the OSEMS has been providing funds .The following department activities have been under taken since lunching of Employment Mission.
SKILL UP- GRADATION TRAINING FOR SELF EMPLOYMENT:
- Presently society is running towards raped industrialization .Industrial establishments for their requirements normally put demands for technical persons which covers more than 85% and non technical persons cover less than 15%. On the other hand the Employment Exchange are having in their L.R 15% Technical Persons & 85% non technical persons .This is an embarrassing mismatch the society has ever experienced .Keeping the situation view, Employment Mission has under taken a short term lunching programme of duration one months to six months to upgrade the skills of the interested and unemployed non technical youths to make them fit to lunch their self employment venture. From the year 2005 to till date different training programme have been organized in different sectors
PRE-RECRUITMENT TRAINING CAMP :
- Training of youth under Pre-Recruitment Coaching for entry into defence Services.
Under the Employment Mission steps are being taken to improve the employability of the unemployed youth in the districts. As large numbers of vacancies arise regularly in defence and paramilitary forces it has been proposed to tap this source for the benefit of unemployed youths both in rural & urban areas.
From the year 2009 to 2013 three PRT camp were organized and 150 unemployed youths have undergone training for a period of 15 days out of which more than 20 trainees get placement in defence sector.
Computer literacy Programm by OCAC:-
- Another programme organized by OCAC and funds provided by OSEMS, is knows as computer literacy Programme.This training programme is 30 days duration. A total number of 2100 trainees got trainined in this programme in 8 different centers of Jagatsinghpur district .details are given below.
- As per the schemes of the Odisha State Employment Mission Society and the direction of the Director of Employment and Employment Mission, Mega Job Fair were organized every year since 2012 by the District Employment Exchange, Jagatsinghpur collaboration with , District Administration, Jagatsinghpur.This programme is meant for educated unemployed youths of the district having minimum educational qualification from 5th pass to graduation.Especially youths those who are not getting easy opportunity to come abreast with day to day situation..
Long before the conduct of the programme, Recruiters/Employers of reputation both out of state and inside the state as well as PIAs (Programme Implementing Agencies) those who have signed MOUs with OSEMS were invited to the programme for participation and to exercise their choice with regard to their demand in terms of training and employment.