PANCHYATI RAJ AND DRINKING WATER DEPARTMENT
Activities of the Department
- To Supply safe drinking water and sanitation to the rural people of Jagatsinghpur District
- PWS PROJECTS
- MEGA PWS PROJECT
- HAND PUMP TUBE WELLS
- iv) SOLAR WATER SUPPLY PUMP MOTOR
SANITAITON UNDER SBM(G)
- The motto is to provide IHHL to all rural household identified in Baseline survey 2012, the target date is 2nd October,2019.
- Presently all effort is to make ODF district by 2nd October,2018
- SOLID LIQUID WASTE MANAGEMENT- to be taken up subsequently on attending ODF status
- Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water Department,Odisha,BBSR/Engineer-in-Chief,RWSS Odisha,BBSR/ Chief Engineer,RWS&S (O) BBSR/Superintending Engineer, RWS&S Circle,Cuttack
Division Office in District
- Exeucitve Engineer,RWS&S Division, Jagatsinghpur/Assistant Executive Engineer,RWS&S Sub-Division, Jagatsinghpur/Raghunathpur/Erasama/ Assistant Engineer, RWS&S Section, Biridi/Junior Engineer-I, RWSS Section, Jagatsinghpur/ Balikuda/ Naugaon/Erasama/Kujanga/Tirtol and Raghunathpur/Junior Engineer-II, Jagatsinghpur/Balikuda/ Naugaon/Erasama/Kujanga/Tirtol, Raghunathpur and Biridi.
- Er. Chittaranjan Jena, Executive Engineer, RWSS Division, Jagatisnghpur,Tel no-06724-223485
- PIO:-Er. Puja Alakananda Assistant Executive Engineer, (Estimator)
Address:-Office of the Executive Engineer RWSS Division, Jagatisnghpur,At- Punanga,Near Police Barrak/Dist-Jagatsinghpur ,Phone No.06724-223485,e-mail IDemail@example.com
|SL.No||Name of the Officer||Designation and Address of the Officer|
|1||Sri Tapan Kumar Rout||Assistant Executive Engineer, RWS&S Sub-Division, Jagatsinghpur, M.No.9437227929|
|2||Sri Bikash Kumar Pati||Assistant Executive Engineer, RWSS Sub-Division, Raghunathpur, M.No.8280408230|
|3||Sri Abhimanyu Das||Assistant Executive Engineer, RWSS at Erasama, M.No.9583045957|
|Station Name||Designation||Name with Mobile No|
|Jagatsinghpur||a) Junior Engineer-I||Sri Prasant Ku. Tripathy- Mobile No.8280408392|
|Jagatsinghpur||b) Junior Engineer-II||Smt. Smita Dash, Mobile No.8280408707|
|Balikuda||a) Junior Engineer-I||Sri Satya Ranjan Bhoi, Mobile No.8280408389|
|Balikuda||b) Junior Engineer-II||Sri Bharat Lenka, Mobile No.8280408704|
|Naugaon||Junior Engineer-II||Sri Chandra Sekhar saho,Mobile No.8280408709|
|Erasama||a) Junior Engineer-I||Sri Pramod Ku. Parida, Mobile No.8280408391|
|Erasama||b) Junior Engineer-II||Sri Tanmaya Das, Mobile No.8280408706|
|Kujanga||a) Junior Engineer-I||Smita Majhi, Mobile No.8280408393|
|Kujanga||b) Junior Engineer-II||Manasi Behera, Mobile No.8280408708|
|Tirtol||a) Junior Engineer-I||Swagatika Swain, Mobile No.8280408711|
|Raghunathpur||a) Junior Engineer-I||Dipalika Biswal, Mobile No. 8280408395|
|Raghunathpur||a) Junior Engineer-II||Sradhanjali Dash, Mobile No.8280408710|
|Biridi||a) Junior Engineer-I||Sri Rabindra Nath Sethy,Mobile No.8280408390|
|Biridi||a) Junior Engineer-II||Sigma Priyadarsini Sethy, Mobile No.8280408705|
NRDWP- National Rural Drinking Water Programme (NRWDP) has come into force since 01.04.2009 with a vision “Safe Drinking Water for all, at all times in rural areas.”Over the years the RWSS Organization has been successful in providing safe source of drinking water in all rural habitations.for the management, operation and maintenance. Mostly, provision of drinking water supply to the rural population is made through hand pump tube wells and piped water supply schemes.
- No. of commissioned and completed piped water supply schemes under Jagatsinghpur district- 244 nos
- No. of existing Hand pump tube well under Jagatsinghpur district- 13188 nos
- No. of Solar PWS under Jagatsinghpur district- ( PWS- 24 nos and Hand pump- 41 nos)
- No. of Over Head Tank and U.G.R under Jagatsinghpur district- (OHT-104 nos & UGR- 30 nos)
STATE PLAN (RIDF & BASUDHA)-
At present there is state funding under BASUDHA programme which is the major source of funding for implementation of piped water supply schemes and hand pump tube wells under BASUDHA programme. There are 34 nos of PWS project with project cost of Rs.41.31 Crores under BASUDHA for implementation in district. Similarly there are 13 PWS projects under RIDF funding for Jagatsinghpur district amounting to Rs.19.27 Crores, out of which 12 nos of pws projects are under implementation. 8 nos Over Head Tanks of PWS Schemes are sanctioned for implementation out of which one no are ongoing.
There is Mega scheme for saline affected villages of Erasama and Balikuda block. One G.P. of Naugaon block will also be covered under this Mega Scheme. The work has been awarded at a Project cost of more than 142.88 crores which will be taken up by L & T. The alienation of Govt. land for construction of Intake well & Treatment plant is under process. It will cover 123 villages if 24 Gram Panchayats in these block. Covering of Population of 174134 in the year 2048 census.
WATER QUALITY MONITORING:-
For improvement in the availability of safe drinking water in rural areas of Jagatsinghpur district there are one sub-divisional water testing laboratory and one district water testing laboratory functioning with water testing equipment.
SANITAITON – Achievement under SBM (G)
The sanitation programme is under implementation by DWSM, Jagatsinghpur. The prime aim and objective of the programme is providing IHHL to improve the quality of life of rural peoples and provide them open defecation free environment.
Organisational structure of DWSM at District Level.
- Collector and District Magistrate- Chairman, DWSM
- Project Dirctor, DRDA- Member Secretary, DWSM
- Executive Engineer, RWS&S- Member Convenor, DWSM
- District level consultant, DWSM
|SL.No||Description||Figure (in No.)|
|1||Total Rural Household||270,251|
|2||Household Without Toilet||212,927|
|3||Household With Toilet||57,324|
|Sl.No||Financial Year||Achievement (In No.)|
|6||2018-19 (AS on 16.05.18)||3,473|
|7||Total Household Covered including BLS||179,321|
|8||Balance IHHL to be Covered for ODF||90,930|
|9||% of Household Covered||66.35|
|SL.No||Description||Figure in No.|
|1||Total no. of GP||198|
|2||Total no. of Village||1,219|
|Financial Year||No.of GP Covered||No.of Village Covered|